Cloudy & cool Wednesday 4/28/2021
Most of southeast Nebraska is now on the dry side as the early morning thunderstorms have pushed well to the north of I-80. We are just left with cloudy skies and temperatures in the 40s and 50s right now. The cloud coverage will likely stick around for the rest of the day and they will limit our warming. Highs will warm below average to the low to mid-60s with the potential for another round of late evening showers and thunderstorms. Most of the evening precipitation looks to fall to the far southeast of the viewing area. Keep the umbrella handy throughout the day just to be safe though! The sun returns as we end the week and head into the weekend. This will help warm temperatures back above average for a warm weekend forecast.
- TODAY: Cloudy and cool today with the chance for showers/t’storms late this evening. HIGH: 64
- THURSDAY: Breezy winds return with warmer highs in the upper 60s and low 70s. HIGH: 70
- FRIDAY: Even warmer with highs back in the upper 70s and mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 77
- SATURDAY: Warm start to May with highs in the mid-80s and sunny skies. HIGH: 86
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny skies with the isolated chance for showers. HIGH: 84
Meteorologist Brittany Foster