Cool & cloudy today; bigger temp drop for Thanksgiving 11/24/2021
We are off to a mild start this Wednesday morning and its all thanks to increasing clouds across the area. Clouds have kept us in the 50s for most of the night, but a cold front is currently inching through parts of the area and will soon change that. Temperatures will fall around 9 AM once the front passes through most of southeast NE. This will drop temperatures into the 40s for a few hours, before daytime heating begins to gradually warm us up. Highs will technically be above average today in the low 50s, but this is still chilly and a major change compared to yesterday’s upper 60s. Mostly cloudy skies hang around the entire day today and northwesterly winds turn gusty late this afternoon and evening. Wind gusts above 30 mph are likely, so make sure to keep an eye on any outdoor decorations! Temperatures plunge overnight down into the low to mid-20s as skies clear out. Thanksgiving day still looks chilly with highs in the upper 30s and low 40s. We remain dry through the weekend and quickly warm back into the 50s by Friday. Next week also looks dry and above average for the start of December.
- TODAY: Temperatures only reach the low 50s thanks to cloudy skies and breezy northwesterly winds. HIGH: 53
- THANKSGIVING: Highs struggle to warm! Most of the area will reach the upper 30s and low 40s for highs with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 40
- FRIDAY: Much warmer with highs back in the upper 50s with partly cloudy skies. HIGH: 59
- SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy skies and windy with highs in the mid-50s. HIGH: 55
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs still in the low to mid-50s. HIGH: 54
Meteorologist Brittany Foster