Cool first day of fall forecast 9/22/2021
Temperatures are off to a chilly start this morning with most of us in the 40s, but some of us are even in the 30s. It’s been around 4 months since we have seen such cold temperatures, so make sure to grab your jacket before you head outside. Some patchy fog is possible during your commute but most of us should have a pretty clear and sunny start to the first day of fall. The sunny skies continue into the afternoon and evening with highs in the low to mid-70s today.
We drop down to the mid-40s overnight and warm up a bit going into your Thursday.
Highs briefly return to the 80s before we cool a bit into Friday. Then a warming trend returns into the weekend and early next week.
- TODAY: Chilly last few hours of summer with temperatures in the 30s and 40s! We gradually warm into the low to mid-70s by the afternoon with sunny skies. HIGH: 74
- THURSDAY: Highs warm back into the low 80s with sunny skies. HIGH: 80
- FRIDAY: A cold front cools us back into the low to mid-70s with a slight chance for isolated rain during the day. HIGH: 74
- SATURDAY: Temperatures gradually warm back into the upper 70s with sunny skies. HIGH: 78
- SUNDAY: Feeling like summer again with highs back in the mid-80s. HIGH: 86
Meteorologist Brittany Foster