Cooler & cloudy today with the chance for some rain 9/29/2021
We are off to a warmer start this morning with temperatures in the 60s! This is thanks to cloud coverage that’s moved into the area since last night. We could see a few scattered showers this morning after sunrise, so it might be a good idea to keep the rain gear handy. I’m expecting southeast NE to dry out a bit by the afternoon, but we could see a sprinkle or shower throughout the day today. Highs will be cooler due to the cloud coverage today, resulting in highs in the mid-80s. Our next best chance of rain in southeast NE will be late this evening into overnight tonight. Scattered rain will continue overnight and temperatures will drop into the 60s again. Highs cool tomorrow down into the 70s and stay there for the rest of the week. Daily rain chances also stick around through the weekend.
- TODAY: Scattered rain showers likely with cooler highs in the mid-80s. Bulk of the rain arrives in southeast NE late this evening and overnight. HIGH: 86
- THURSDAY: More scattered showers with highs back in the low 70s. HIGH: 73
- FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with the chance for scattered showers. HIGH: 73
- SATURDAY: Scattered rain throughout the day with highs in the low 70s still. HIGH: 71
- SUNDAY: Drying out with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 72
Meteorologist Brittany Foster