Cooler ending to the work week 3/5/2021
Your Friday is off to a mild start for early March, with temperatures in the mid-30s across southeast Nebraska. Wind speeds are currently light, but enough to produce wind chill values in the 20s and 30s, so bundle up before you head out. We will start off your day with partly cloudy skies but the clouds will gradually push out of the area, leaving us with widespread sunshine. This will help warm up our temperatures again, although we will be a bit cooler today as highs will only top out in the upper 50s. Parts of southeast Nebraska will flirt with the low 60s into the evening. The mid to upper 60s quickly return this weekend with more sunshine and windy conditions for you Sunday. This dry and mild weather pattern sticks around through most of next week, before a cold front arrives Wednesday. This will bring our next chance of rain and will cool temperatures back to average.
- TODAY: A bit cooler with highs in the upper 50s. Some spots will flirt with the low 60s by the evening. HIGH: 59
- SATURDAY: Sunny skies with highs back in the mid-60s. HIGH: 65
- SUNDAY: Hello 70s! Blustery conditions with sunny skies and the concern for fire weather. HIGH: 70
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny with breezy conditions. HIGH: 67
- TUESDAY: Another mild day in the low 70s. HIGH: 74
Meteorologist Brittany Foster