Cooler today with less humidity 9/7/2021
A cold front will bring major changes across Nebraska for your Tuesday. It currently is pushing through half of the state, with cooler air trailing behind it. Southeast Nebraska is still located in front of the boundary, so temperatures are still mild in the 60s with clear skies. Once the front passes through the entire state after sunrise, cooler and drier air will enter Nebraska. This means less humid conditions today with highs in the low 80s.
The passage of this front will also give us blustery wind speeds out of the northwest with gusts up to 35 mph.
Cooler temperatures stick around through Thursday before the 90s return on Friday as well as humid conditions. Our next best chance of rain arrives potentially early Sunday morning. Other than that chance, the entire area stays pretty dry.
- TODAY: AM cold front brings in cooler and drier air today. Highs warm into the low 80s with blustery wind gusts around 35 mph. HIGH: 35
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny skies with below average highs in the upper 70s. HIGH: 79
- THURSDAY: A tad warmer with highs in the low 80s and sunny skies. HIGH: 83
- FRIDAY: The heat and humidity return! HIGH: 90
- SATURDAY: Slightly cooler with highs near average in the mid-80s. HIGH: 85
Meteorologist Brittany Foster