Dog saves owner’s life from a house fire

Early Thursday morning, 14-year-old Border Collie trip, woke up his owner Pat Guticz alerting her to a small fire in her house near 28th and E streets.

A light fixture fell off of a chameleon cage, which then burned a hole in the wood flooring.

None of Pat’s smoke alarms went off because she said they were all out of batteries.

So Trip alerted his owner and the other two dogs in the house of the fire, which Pat says save all of their lives.

“We’d be dead, the three dogs and I would all be dead,” Pat Guticz said.

Because of the quick response, the damage was confined to just the living room.

After Lincoln Fire and Rescue stopped the fire they installed three new fire alarms in the house, preventing future problems in the house.

Categories: Top Stories