Drying out today with clearing skies 10/25/2021
We are off to a bit of a drier start this morning after most of the area saw showers and mist overnight. Some patchy mist is still likely through the commute, but I expect most of the area to stay dry and stuck under the clouds. Temperatures are currently in the 40s across southeast NE with cloudy skies and light winds out of the north. As we head into the afternoon the clouds will begin to decrease, leading to more sunshine by the evening. Mostly sunny skies are likely for the second half of your Monday with cool highs in the low to mid-50s. We remain dry overnight and for most of the day tomorrow with mild highs in the mid-60s, but rain returns to the area come late Tuesday. Far eastern NE likely won’t see any showers or thunderstorms until after midnight going into early Wednesday. Some of these storms have the potential to be on the strong to severe side and flooding is a concern. The rain continues throughout your Wednesday before we dry out for the remainder of the week and into the weekend. Highs hover around the mid-50s to 60s throughout the week.
- TODAY: Clearing skies as we head into the afternoon and evening with highs in the low to mid-50s. HIGH: 56 (depends on cloud cover.->could be low 50s)
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny skies and BREEZY with highs in the mid-60s. Late t’storms likely in central NE. HIGH: 66
- WEDNESDAY: Rain throughout the day with the potential for flooding. HIGH: 59 (this likely needs dropped)
- THURSDAY: Windy conditions with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 57
- FRIDAY: Highs return to the low 60s with windy conditions. HIGH: 60
Meteorologist Brittany Foster