Early morning fire kills dog in Lincoln
3 apartment units were also saved thanks to a quick-thinking woman who closed the door, containing this blaze
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — An early morning fire killed a dog in Lincoln, but authorities say this could have been much worse.
Lincoln Fire & Rescue tells us the blaze first broke out at 5202 Leighton Avenue around 3:30 a.m.
The dog that died was found inside one of the four apartment units.
An occupant also needed help getting out and was taken to a hospital where they’re expected to recover.
The fire caused an estimated $20,000 in property damage and destroyed another $2,000 worth of belongings.
LFR says the three other apartment units were spared thanks to a woman who closed the door, keeping flames from spreading further.
No word just yet on how this fire started.
We’re also told a second dog at the apartments was found safe.