Electrical fire could cost one campus hundreds of thousands

Innovation Campus
Image capture: Jul 2019 ©2021 Google

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — A fire broke out at UNL’s Innovation Campus, 1901 N 21st St., late afternoon Monday.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue (LFR) teams were called to the campus’ Food Innovation Center around 4:45 p.m.

An electrical issue with a dishwasher reportedly ignited the fire.

Thankfully, a building manager was able to control the flames with a dry chemical extinguisher.

Minimal damage was caused to the dishwasher, but the damage caused to the electrical wiring could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, says the Fire Inspector.

Categories: Nebraska News, News