End of the week snow 12/11/2020
A winter mix is currently falling throughout southeast Nebraska on this Friday morning and a Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until Saturday afternoon. Roadways are above freezing and will be for a while, so your morning commute should be just fine. The mix will transition to widespread snow by the afternoon today, and this is when roads will start to turn slushy and snow will begin to accumulate. Most of the snow will accumulate overnight into Saturday morning with around 3-5” of snow falling. Roads will be more of a mess tomorrow as we start off the day.
- TODAY: Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 6 AM today to 6 AM Saturday. A winter mix will fall until noon before quickly transitioning to snow for the rest of the day and overnight. HIGH: 35
- SATURDAY: Snow will continue to fall until noon before pushing off to the east. Highs will be stuck in the mid-30s for the rest of the day. HIGH: 34
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny skies with cold temperatures in the 30s. HIGH: 35
- MONDAY: Time to melt! Highs will soar into the mid-40s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 46
- TUESDAY: Temperatures drop back down to the 30s with another round of snow. HIGH: 35
Meteorologist Brittany Foster