Escaped Nebraska inmate serving decades for manslaughter has likely left the area
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The McCook Police Department says it has reason to believe that an escaped inmate is no longer in the area.
Ronald Grant was reported missing late Sunday night.
The Nebraska Department of Correctional Services said the 39-year-old left McCook’s Work Ethic Camp while emptying trash with a staff member and two other inmates.
He was seen running west and eventually headed south.
Grant had been in custody since 2005.
He was sentenced to 29 to 44 years for charges out of Lancaster County.
Those charges included manslaughter, assault by a confined person and being a felon in possession of a deadly weapon.
Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact law enforcement right away.
Police also urge you to avoid approaching Grant if you see him.
They had previously asked people in the McCook area to keep all doors shut and lock their vehicles.