Feeling like May today 3/9/2021
Temperatures are starting off extremely mild this morning as we are currently sitting in the 40s and 50s across southeast Nebraska. Wind speeds are fairly strong out of the south, gusting up to 25 mph. This will continue into the afternoon and evening with gusts increasing to 30 mph. We will start off the day with mostly sunny skies, but clouds will gradually increase throughout the day. Despite that, high temperatures will soar to the upper 70s and possibly even the low 80s. We could see a few high temperature records broken as a result! Scattered thunderstorms will develop late this evening into overnight tonight. They could linger into early Wednesday morning before we dry out for the remainder of the day. But another round of thunderstorms will likely push through Wednesday evening. Highs will be in the 70s one last time tomorrow before temps drop down to the 50s for the remainder of the week. A winter mix is still possible this weekend.
- TODAY: High temperatures top out in the upper 70s and possibly low 80s for some. High temperature records will likely be shattered for a few cities. HIGH: 78
- WEDNESDAY: Last day in the 70s thanks to a morning cold front. PM thunderstorms are likely. HIGH: 72
- THURSDAY: Back down to the mid-50s for highs with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 54
- FRIDAY: More sunshine with highs still in the mid-50s. HIGH: 53
- SATURDAY: Even cooler! Highs drop back to the 40s. HIGH: 47
Meteorologist Brittany Foster