Fire causes $75,000 in damage to detached garage west of Lincoln

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – A faulty electrical outlet sparked a garage fire west of Lincoln on Sunday, the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Office said.

Crews were sent to the home near 126th Street and Pioneers Boulevard around 7:15 p.m.

Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said the Pleasant Dale Volunteer Fire Department extinguished the blaze inside the detached garage before deputies arrived.

The fire was contained in the garage, according to Houchin.

No one was injured in the fire but it caused $75,000 in damage to the garage, Houchin said.

Categories: Lancaster, News