Fire destroys elderly couple’s home Monday

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — An elderly couple were reported to be inside a trailer home when it caught on fire.
Monday, just after 3:45 p.m. Lincoln Fire and Rescue (LFR) were called to 3511 NW Nutwood Ct for a fully engulfed trailer home fire.
Batallion Chief Lloyd Mueller said an elderly couple was initially reported to be inside, but by the time LFR arrived evreyone had existed the residence.
LFR reported heavy smoke and fire inside the home. They were able to get the fire undercontrol, but not before it caused 7,000 dollars in damage.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty extension cord.  The elderly residence have since been relocated.
Batallion Chief Mueller reported that he did not see any smoke detectors inside the home and wanted to remind the public to take advantage of this safety precaution.

“If you don’t have smoke detectors, try to get some. You should have one on every floor, one inside or outside every bedroom.”

Categories: Lancaster, News