Stove sparks early morning blaze at Noodles & Company in Lincoln

Authorities say the fire was quickly contained

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Fire crews battled flames early Friday morning at Noodles & Company on O Street.

When Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews arrived at the restaurant near 50th and O Streets around 6:15 a.m., they saw “heavy smoke and flames.”

LFR spokeswoman Nancy Crist said the cause of the fire was a stove’s pilot.

Noodles & Company will be closed for the rest of the day, as the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department investigates the damage.

Crist said no one was inside the business at the time of the fire.  She said the business sustained only minimal damage.

Thanks to built-in fire barriers, the blaze did not spread to adjacent buildings.

Categories: Nebraska News, News, Top Stories