Fireworks sparked blaze at east Lincoln home, caused $80,000 in damage

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Fireworks ignited a blaze in an east Lincoln home’s garage late Saturday night, authorities say.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue spokeswoman Nancy Crist said the garage was fully involved when crews arrived at the home near 70th and Y Streets around 11:20 p.m.

Crews were able to keep the fire contained in the garage and no one was injured, according to Crist.

The fire caused $70,000 in damage to the building’s structure and another $10,000 to the garage’s contents.

Crist said that some “hot” fireworks, which had been placed next to ones that were unlit, sparked the fire.

Categories: Lancaster, News