First COVID-19 Delta Variant death reported in Lancaster County
There are now 254 variant cases in Lancaster County
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Lincoln and Lancaster County now have the first COVID-19 death connected to the Delta variant.
A woman in her 40’s who was hospitalized is the victim of this variant. There have been 254 variant cases in the area according to the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department.
• Alpha (B.1.1.7) – first identified in the U.K., 196 cases
• Beta (B.1.351) – first identified in South Africa, 8 cases
• Delta (B.1.617) – first identified in India, 20 cases
• Epsilon (B.1.427/B.1.429) – first identified in California, 21 cases
• Gamma (P.1) – first identified in Brazil, 6 cases
• Iota (B.1526) – first identified in New York, 3 cases
239 people have died from COVID according to the LLCHD records. 75% of Lancaster County residents 16 and older are now vaccinated. Total percentage of all ages is 66.5%.
You can call to register for a vaccine if you can’t get online. The LLCHD COVID-19 hotline at 402-441-8006 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Here are the upcoming vaccination clinics (subject to change; walk-ins welcome at all locations):
• Thursday, July 8, The Foundry Community, 211 N. 14th St. – first and second doses
• Friday, July 9, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, 3131 “O” St. – first and second doses
Drive-through testing is available from:
• CHI Health St. Elizabeth: Autumn Ridge Family Medicine, 5000 North 26th St. and Southwest Family Health, 1240 Aries Drive. Call either site to schedule an appointment: Autumn Ridge, 402-435-5300 and South West Family, 402-420-1300.
• Test Nebraska: Gateway Mall, 6100 “O” St., north parking lot of the former Sears store. Tests are conducted from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. For more information, call 402-207-9377. The state will end the Test Nebraska program by July 31. The last day of testing through Test Nebraska sites is July 18.
Testing is also available without an appointment at the three Bryan Urgent Care locations, 7501 S. 27th St., 5901 N. 27th St. and 4333 S. 86th St. To check wait times, call 402-481-6343.
For more information, visit COVID19.lincoln.ne.gov or call the Health Department hotline at 402-441-8006.