First day of a rain filled weekend 3/12/2021
Temperatures are off to a chilly start again in the 20s and 30s across southeast Nebraska thanks to northerly winds. Wind speeds are fairly calm for most, but wind chill values are still making it feel like the 20s for some. Skies for most of us are pretty clear as of now, so we should see some sunshine by sunrise. But clouds will quickly build in from the south the next few hours and eventually we could see rain by the afternoon. Scattered rain showers will push through southeast Nebraska into the evening before they taper off by overnight tonight. Make sure to have the rain gear handy all day! Most of the area should stay dry overnight with mostly cloudy skies and lows in the upper 30s. Rain returns tomorrow afternoon and evening and continues into early Monday morning. Sunday night into Monday we could even see a winter mix as temperatures drop near freezing. Temperatures gradually warm back above average into next week.
- TODAY: Clouds increase into the afternoon and rain eventually follows. Scattered rain showers will last into the evening before we dry out overnight tonight. HIGH: 53
- SATURDAY: Rain returns by the afternoon with overcast skies and highs in the low 50s. HIGH: 50
- SUNDAY: Blustery conditions all day with gusts up to 40 mph and heavy rain showers. We could see a winter mix late in the day as temperatures drop. HIGH: 48
- MONDAY: Warming back up and drying out! Lingering am showers push out by the afternoon and highs warm to the mid-50s. HIGH: 56
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with highs in the mid-40s. HIGH: 45
Meteorologist Brittany Foster