Flirting with freezing today 12/31/2020
The last day of 2020 is off to a frigid start! Current temperatures are sitting in the single digits, teens and even below zero for some this morning. Make sure to layer up in your heaviest winter gear before you leave. We will slowly warm closer to freezing as we head into the afternoon hours, before flirting with the freezing mark for highs. Widespread sunshine will promote more melting today and could result in a few slick spots overnight tonight when we drop below freezing. If you plan on staying up late for NYE, temperatures will be in the teens outside with some patchy fog across the area. New Year’s Day isn’t much warmer with highs in the upper 20s and cloudy skies.
- NEW YEAR’S EVE: Cold start to the day, but temperatures will warm closer to freezing by the afternoon and we could see more melting. HIGH: 33
- NEW YEAR’S DAY: Temperatures drop a bit with overcast skies. HIGH: 28
- SATURDAY: The start of a warming trend! Highs warm back to the low 30s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 34
- SUNDAY: We continue to warm up to the upper 30s with sunny skies. HIGH: 37
- MONDAY: The 40s are back with mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 40
Meteorologist Brittany Foster