Foggy start to the week 5/17/2021
The new work week is off to a foggy start! Patchy fog has spread across southeast Nebraska this morning and it is dropping visibility below a mile in several spots. Use extra caution while driving around the area this morning due to the reduced visibility. Temperatures are on the mild side in the 50s around the area, so you might be able to step outside without a jacket. But consider grabbing the umbrella as spotty showers will continue in the far southeast all morning and the entire area could see them later this afternoon. Highs will be a bit warmer today in the upper 60s and low 70s with more spotty showers. The chance for rain carries over into overnight and another chance of patchy fog is in the forecast. Highs warm into the low 80s by the end of the week and rain chances continue every day.
- TODAY: AM fog with drizzle. Spotty showers will pick up into the afternoon and evening. HIGH: 70
- TUESDAY: A bit warmer with highs back in the mid-70s and spotty showers. HIGH: 76
- WEDNESDAY: Even warmer with more showers. HIGH: 78
- THURSDAY: Highs return to the low 80s with scattered showers. HIGH: 80
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the low 80s and spotty showers. HIGH: 82
Meteorologist Brittany Foster