Friday AM Blizzard Update 1/15/2021
A Blizzard Warning is in effect until 6 pm today thanks to strong wind gusts and blowing snow. Current wind gusts are as high as 60 mph and heavy snow bands are pushing through southeast Nebraska. Visibility in spots could be well below one mile, so travel is not advised today. The snow will begin to taper off as we head into the early evening hours, but the strong wind gusts will continue into overnight tonight. Eventually wind speeds will calm down after midnight and we will see quieter conditions as we kick off the weekend. Highs will gradually warm back to the 40s by Sunday.
- TODAY: Blizzard conditions through the early evening with gusts as high as 60 mph. Snow pushes out by the late evening hours, but high wind gusts stick around. HIGH: 32
- SATURDAY: We start to warm up a bit! Highs return to average in the mid-30s with mostly cloudy skies. HIGH: 36
- SUNDAY: Mostly clear skies with highs back in the low 40s. HIGH: 42
- MONDAY: Isolated showers possible with highs in the mid-40s. HIGH: 45
- TUESDAY: More highs in the 40s with mostly clear skies. HIGH: 43
Meteorologist Brittany Foster