Game and Parks releasing pheasants before Thanksgiving
The pheasants will be released in 16 wildlife management areas across Nebraska.
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – The Nebraska Game and Parks Commissions plans to release adult rooster pheasants in 16 different wildlife management areas across Nebraska.
Game and Parks will release the pheasants before Thanksgiving weekend.
Game and Parks pheasant release sites:
- Powder Creek (Dixon County)
- Oak Valley (Madison County)
- Wilkinson (Platte County)
- Pressey (Custer County)
- Cornhusker (Hall County)
- Kirkpatrick Basin North (York County)
- Peru Bottoms (Nemaha County)
- Randall W. Schilling (Cass County)
- Branched Oak (Lancaster County)
- Yankee Hill (Lancaster County)
- Arrowhead (Gage County)
- Hickory Ridge (Johnson County)
- Twin Oaks (Johnson County)
- Rakes Creek (Cass County)
Game and Parks says they are releasing pheasants to enhance hunting opportunities and encouraging families to spend time together in the field over the weekend.