Hazy & mild Monday forecast 8/2/2021
The new work week is off to a chilly start this morning as temperatures have fallen into the 50s across southeast Nebraska. We have mostly clear skies, hazy conditions and even a bit of patchy fog in low lying areas this morning. We will continue to see wildfire smoke haze throughout the day today with unhealthy air quality values. Mostly sunny skies will stick around into the afternoon with highs remaining on the mild side in the low to mid-80s. Another round of patchy fog is likely tomorrow morning with cool low in the 50s. We gradually warm into the middle of the week, but humidity stays low. Highs quickly warm into the weekend though with the return of the 90s.
- TODAY: Another lovely day with highs in the low to mid-80s. Hazy conditions will stick around with bad air quality. HIGH: 84
- TUESDAY: A tad bit warmer with highs in the mid to upper 80s and mostly sunny skies. Still pretty hazy outside! HIGH: 86
- WEDNESDAY: Highs warm into the upper 80s with partly cloudy skies. Rain chances increase late in the day and overnight. HIGH: 87
- THURSDAY: AM showers likely before we dry out the rest of the day. HIGH: 88
- FRIDAY: The 90s are back with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 92
Meteorologist Brittany Foster