Here’s how to report downed trees and where to take debris

Following last night’s storm, here's a reminder on how to report downed trees. 

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Following last night’s storm, here’s a reminder from city officials on how to report downed trees.

  • For trees blocking City streets or sidewalks, contact the Lincoln Police Department (LPD) non-emergency number, 402-441-6000.  Do not call 911.  LPD is keeping a list of areas and reporting those to the Community Forestry crews.
  • For other damage to other public trees between the curb and sidewalk, contact the City Community Forestry Section at 402-441-7847, ext. 0.  Voice mail is available at this number, and residents are encouraged to provide their name, address, phone number and the nature of the problem.  Residents can also report damage to street trees at

Residents are also advised to watch for broken limbs that may still be hanging in trees.  These can cause injury or damage when they fall.

Tree debris on private property is the responsibility of the property owner.  For tree debris on private properties, residents can contact their refuse haulers or take the debris to one of these locations:

  • The City Transfer Station, 5101 N. 48th St.  Hours are 6:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. Monday through Friday, 6:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays and 6:45 a.m. to noon Sundays. Regular disposal charges and fees apply. To avoid an extra charge, residents must cover and secure their loads. For more information, visit (keyword: landfill).
  • Hofeling Enterprises, 2200 S. Folsom Court.  Disposal fees are $10 for a for a pick-up load and $20 for a trailer.  Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, October 17.
Categories: Lancaster