Last warm day before temperatures drop 12/22/20
Temperatures are cooler this morning with most of southeast Nebraska sitting in the 20s and 30s. Wind speeds are around 5 mph for most, meaning wind chill currently isn’t a big issue this morning. But wind speeds will quickly start to pick up as we head deeper into the day. Wind gusts could top out near 35 mph during the evening today which means your car could feel a bit of a tug while you are out and about driving. But the wind will actually help increase our temperatures today as they are out of the south. Overall highs will top out in the upper 50s, and this could be the last time we see highs in the 50s this winter. Temperatures cool into Christmas day with windy conditions and maybe a slight chance for flurries on Wednesday.
- TODAY: Warmest day of the week! Highs will near the low 60s with mostly sunny skies. Blustery southerly winds could gust up to 35 mph by the evening. HIGH: 58
- WEDNESDAY: A cold front will drop temperatures throughout the day and could result in a few flurries. Wind gusts will easily near 40-50 mph. HIGH: 34
- CHRISTMAS EVE: Cold highs in the mid-20s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 26
- CHRISTMAS: Temperatures rebound just in time for the holiday with highs in the 40s and sunny skies. HIGH: 43
- SATURDAY: Highs in the upper 40s with mostly sunny skies. HIGH: 49
Meteorologist Brittany Foster