Last warm day of the week 1/5/2021
Clouds will increase as we progress throughout the day thanks to the arrival of our next winter storm system overnight tonight. Overall highs will be at their warmest for the week in the mid-40s, but tonight we will see temperatures dropping near the low 30s with falling precipitation. As of this morning, it appears that southeast Nebraska will see rain for most of the day tomorrow before a transition to snow. Totals appear to be anywhere from a trace to two inches by the end of the event early Thursday morning. We could see another round of snow Friday into Saturday with temperatures in the 30s through the weekend.
- TODAY: Temperatures will once again top out in the mid-40s across southeast Nebraska with increasing clouds. But our next storm system will arrive late this evening, dropping our temperatures and bringing precipitation to the area. HIGH: 45
- WEDNESDAY: Scattered rain throughout the first half of the day will eventually transition over to snow by the late afternoon hours. Snowfall will continue through overnight into Thursday morning. HIGH: 36
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs in the upper 30s. HIGH: 37
- FRIDAY: Overcast skies with snow flurries and highs in the low 30s. HIGH: 31
- SATURDAY: Temperatures drop again down to the upper 20s with more snow flurries. HIGH: 27
Meteorologist Brittany Foster