LFR: Garage fire leaves homeowners with $40,000 in damages

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — An unattached garage went up in flames near 4926 Fremont St. around 1:30 p.m. Thursday, says Lincoln Fire and Rescue (LFR).

Two cars parked inside the garage were damaged, leading to a $40,000 loss.

The fire was sparked by a local teenager. He was playing with a lighter and set some leaves on fire. The teenager extinguished what he thought was all the flames, however, after he went inside enough fire was still active and spread to the garage.

The garage is located near several homes, but thankfully no injuries or home damage has been reported.

This is a developing story and we’ll keep you updated as new details are released.

Categories: Breaking News, Lancaster, News