UPDATE: Ignited cardboard led to fire at Lincoln warehouse

Lincoln Fire & Rescue responded to the building at 4850 N 48th St. around 11:10 a.m. 
20210426 124854
LFR

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Authorities say a fire at a north Lincoln warehouse began after some cardboard ignited.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue responded to the fire in the Firstar Fiber warehouse at 4850 N 48th St. just after 11 a.m. Monday.

According to LFR, a welder was working on a conveyor when arc material ignited some of the cardboard.

Sprinklers helped keep the fire contained to one area, and employees were able to evacuate safely.

Fire crews remained on scene hours later removing layers of cardboard material to fully extinguish the fire.

To get the latest information on breaking news, weather and sports, scan the code below to download the Channel 8 Eyewitness News app and enable push notifications.

Apps QR Code

 

Categories: News, Top Stories