Lincoln Fire & Rescue battles blaze in frigid temps for second straight morning

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — More than a dozen units were called to a house fire in Lincoln early Tuesday morning.

The first report came in just after 4:30 a.m.

A caller said flames were coming from the second story of a home near 27th and South Streets.

Four people inside evacuated, but there was concern that three pets were not immediately located.

Those pets have since been found, and everyone is OK.

Officials tell Channel 8 this blaze was started by an electrical fire, but they initially thought a candle was to blame.

It was a frigid 28 degrees at the time this all happened.

On Monday morning, Lincoln crews fought another fire when temps were hovering around freezing.

Categories: Breaking News, Lancaster, News, Top Stories