Lincoln marathon & half marathon on Sunday
Whether it's the Spring Game, the farmer's market, or the marathon, there's something for everyone in LNK this weekend!
The marathon and half marathon will happen on the streets of Lincoln on Sunday. Last year it was canceled due to covid-19.
Runners will have to wear masks at the start and finish lines, but they can take them off while running. Participants and spectators will be required to keep six feet of distance and all runners are required to self-screen for covid-19 prior to the race.
Above, you can see the route for the marathon! But don’t forget, on Sunday there will be road closures due to the race.
The race starts at 7 a.m. and is expected to finish in the early afternoon, make sure you watch out for runners when you’re out on Sunday!
Here is the list of roads that will be fully or partially closed on May 2:
Closures from 7 to 11 a.m. include:
- North 14th Street between “W” and Vine streets – full closure
- Vine Street between North 14th and North 16th streets – full closure
- 16th Street between Vine and South streets – full closure
- South Street between South 16th Street and Sheridan Boulevard – eastbound closure only
- Sheridan Boulevard between South and Calvert streets – eastbound closure only
- Calvert Street between Sheridan Boulevard and South 48th Street – eastbound closure only
- South 48th Street between Calvert Street and Highway 2 – full closure
- South 27th Street between Highway 2 and Woods Boulevard – full closure
- South 20th Street between Highway 2 and Harrison Avenue – full closure
- Harrison Avenue between South 20th to South 10th streets – full closure
- 10th Street between Harrison Avenue and Stadium Drive – northbound one-lane closure
Closures from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. include:
- Salt Creek Roadway between Stadium Drive and North 14th streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Capitol Parkway between “J” and “A” streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Normal Boulevard between “A” and South 56th streets – eastbound one lane closure
- Normal Boulevard between South 56th and Van Dorn streets – eastbound full closure
Access to Holmes Lake Park will be limited between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m.