Lincoln Police release results of underage drinking enforcement project
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Lincoln Police on Tuesday released the results of an enforcement project intended to curb underage drinking during Husker football games.
The project began back on Sept. 1, which coincided with the beginning of Nebraska football and the university’s fall semester.
At the time, police said they hoped the project would curb “dangerous behaviors” like binge drinking, underage drinking, wild parties and drunken driving during Husker games.
The Lincoln Police Department’s northwest team was in charge of the project.
Extra officers were used in the last four home games of the season from Oct. 1 to Nov. 19, according to a press release.
- Consuming in Public citations – 26
- Minor in Possession citations – 23
- Urinating in Public citations – 7
- Littering citation – 1
- False Information citations – 3
- Minor Misrepresenting Age – 10
- Narcotics citations – 11
- Driving Under Suspension citations – 2
- Misdemeanor citations – 6
- Miscellaneous traffic citations – 2
- Parking citations – 166
- Parking/Traffic warnings – 99
- Vehicles towed – 40
- Warrant arrests – 3