Lincoln porch fire causes $10,000 in damage

Porch Fire
Christopher Michel / CC BY 2.0

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – A back porch near 8th and Y streets caught fire around 3:45 p.m. Monday.

The fire started from a lit cigarette and spread into an interior wall of the home.

The resident was able to put out most of the flames with the help of a nearby Lincoln Police officer, and firefighters quickly put out the rest.

There were no injuries, but according to Lincoln Fire & Rescue, the fire caused about $10,000 in damage to the home.

Categories: Lancaster, News, Top Stories