Lincoln streets to temporarily close Sunday for veterans parade
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Portions of several streets will temporarily close Sunday for the Lincoln Veterans Parade.
The fourth annual parade will begin at 2 p.m. with the opening ceremony on the north steps of the State Capitol.
The parade route will follow K Street from 14th to 21st Streets.
The following streets will be closed Sunday from 12:30 to 4 p.m., with no vehicle access to adjacent properties:
- 14th Street, H to K Streets
- 16th Street, H to L Streets
- 17th Street, J to L Streets
- 18th Street, J to L Streets
- 20th Street, J to L streets
- S. 21st Street, J to L streets
- Goodhue Boulevard, G to H Streets
- H Street, 14th to 16th Streets
- K Street, 13th to 21st Streets
- Antelope Valley Parkway, K to L Streets
People are advised to arrive early and to park at one of the nearby parking garages.
Free parking will be available at the Nelnet parking lot at 21st and K Streets, and in the city parking lot bounded by K Street, Rosa Parks Way, Ninth Street and 10th Street.
More information is available at lincolnveteransparade.org.