Lincoln teen starts fire inside church bathroom

LFR arrived at the church and extinguished the fire, which only caused minimal damage. 
Police cruiser

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – Lincoln Police referred a 13-year-old boy for lighting a fire in a church bathroom’s trash can on Wednesday.

Around 3:30 p.m., the teen lit a box of tissues on fire inside a trashcan at the First Evangelical Covenant Church at 6024 L Street.

Adults noticed the small fire and called Lincoln Fire and Rescue.

LFR arrived at the church and extinguished the fire, which only caused minimal damage.

Fire Inspectors and LPD officers decided the teen would be referred for deliberate or negligent burning.

LFR also enrolled the teen in the Fire Inspection Bureau’s Junior Fire Starters intervention program.

Categories: Lancaster, Nebraska News, News