Gov. Ricketts and NE Attorney General
Channel 8 will be live streaming the Governor and state's Attorney General discussion at 10 a.m.
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN)- Governor Ricketts and Nebraska’s Attorney General, Doug Peterson, will be hosting a discussion today and we’ll be live streaming it here! Follow along below for live updates.
- Happy Nebraska Statehood Day! It’s our state’s 154th birthday today.
- Attorney General Doug Peterson: The state of Nebraska filed a large complaint against AltEn for environmental violations
- BACKGROUND ON THE LAWSUIT: UPDATE: NDEE monitoring 4.5 mile waste spill from Mead ethanol plant
- AltEn was given clear directions for the process in their facilities
- It became clear the company was not going to comply/resulting in a complaint filed
- The complaint is 95 pages long Peterson says
- Officials say your drinking water won’t be affected by the waste spill at the AltEn plant in Mead
- 15,000 Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been ordered in Nebraska but don’t know for sure how many we’ll actually be getting yet
- supply will likely not be consistent
- Gov is optimistic we’ll see more and more vaccines in March