VIDEO: Lancaster County’s progress in the pandemic
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Lincoln’s Mayor, along with local health department officials, updates our community on its vaccination progress at 3:30 p.m. We’ll be streaming it live right here on klkntv.com.
We’ll be posting live updates below!
The COVID-19 Risk Dial has dropped into the ‘green,’ meaning that the Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) considers the risk of spread in our community to be minimal.
The mask mandate is expected to expire this Friday as LLCHD implements relaxed restrictions in accordance with the ‘green’ risk level.
Mayor Lierion Gaylor Baird and LLCHD will no longer be holding weekly televised updates. Written updates will still be posted daily, but televised press conferences will be scheduled as needed.
According to Mayor Gaylor Baird, about 67% of Lancaster County residents, ages 16 and older have gotten at least one vaccine shot.
Upcoming public mass vaccination clinics include:
- Monday, May 17, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, 31st and “O” streets – first and second doses
- Tuesday, May 18, “F” Street Community Center, 1225 “F” Street – first and second doses; and Gateway Mall – first-dose drive-through clinic north of the garages of the former Sears store
- Wednesday, May 19, Gateway Mall – second-dose drive-through clinic north of the garages of the former Sears store
- Thursday, May 20, Pinnacle Bank Arena – first and second doses
- Friday, May 21, Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department – first and second doses
- Saturday, May 22, Gateway Mall – second dose drive-through clinic north of the garages of the former Sears store
You can stay on top of all the latest news by downloading the KLKN App or just scan this code with your phone camera.