LPD arrests increase by 66% during annual drive sober campaign
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – The Lincoln Police Department’s annual “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign was conducted from December 1st to January 1st.
During that time, officers conducted high visibility traffic enforcement and took a zero-tolerance approach to drivers under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
Over the course of the month, the Lincoln Police Department had 93 DWI/DUI arrests, an increase of 66% from 2020.
December’s total drunk driving violations:
- 21 or 23% were the results of a motor vehicle accident investigation
- 3 arrests were for drug impairment (DRE) offenses
- 9 minors under the age of 21 were arrested for DUI
- 5 felony DWI/DUI arrests
- 9 people were arrested for a 2nd offense
- 7 people were arrested for a 3rd offense
- 1 person was arrested for a 5th offense
- The highest Blood Alcohol Content test was .357
- There were 12 refusals for a BAC test and 7 blood draws