Update: Arrest made in Friday’s homicide

By: Kayla Bremer

An arrest has been made in the Friday shooting death of a Lincoln man.

Police arrested 26–year–old Danny Tucker Saturday morning for first degree murder and use of a weapon to commit a felony.

On Friday evening, Tucker and 31–year–old Earl Richardson III were with family and friends at a house near 27th and N St. Police say the two got into a fist fight over a drug debt.

“We believe that the fight had ended and Mr. Tucker then wound up coming back with a firearm and then shooting Mr. Richardson,” Chief Jim Peschong said.

Police say Richardson was sitting on the back porch alone when Tucker fired shots, hitting him in the back and leg.

“We have some information that Mr. Tucker was standing over Mr. Richardson at the time that Mr. Richardson was being shot,” Peschong added.

Richardson’s cousin Priest Brown says they had all just gone back inside when they heard the shots. He says they dropped to the floor to take cover, then ran outside and found Richardson gasping for air on the ground.

“I was just running hysterical back and forth in the street waiting on the ambulance to get here,” Brown said. “I watched him die in front of me. I never witnessed nothing like that.”
Richardson was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. This is the city’s fourth homicide of the year.


By: Lauren Fabrizi

Priest Brown and some family and friends were barbecuing outside late into the night Friday at Brown’s home near South 27th and N Streets in Lincoln. 

Brown said around 11 p.m., most of them headed back inside.

“We heard four, five shots,” Brown said. “We hit the ground, ran outside. Seen Earl on the ground gasping for air.”

Brown said just before those gun shots, his cousin, 31–year–old Earl Richardson III, and another friend got into a fight outside. Brown said he broke up the fight a number of times. He said his friend left, and Richardson stayed outside.

Then minutes later, Richardson was shot to death.

“I was just running hysterical back and forth in the street waiting on the ambulance to get here,” Brown said. “I watched him die in front of me. I never witnessed nothing like that.”

Neighbor Bill Phillips was also home at the time of the shooting. He said he knew when he saw the paramedics working on Richardson that wouldn’t make it.

“It was just senseless, senseless shooting,” Phillips said. “All this needs to stop, it just needs to stop.”

When officers arrived, Richardson was pronounced dead.

Brown said he doesn’t know what caused the fight. He told Channel 8 Eyewitness News the other man turned himself into police Saturday. An administrator with Lancaster County Corrections said there is a person being lodged on first–degree murder charges.

We are not releasing his name at this point.

Police continue to investigate. 

By: KLKN Newsroom

Lincoln Police are investigating a homicide that happened late Friday night.

Captain Michon Morrow says officers were called to a house in the 200 block of S. 27th Street at about 11:15 p.m. on a shooting. She says when police arrived, a 31-year-old man was found dead outside the house.

We talked with the victim’s cousin, Priest Brown, who lives at the home, and he identified the deceased as 31-year-old Earl Richardson III.

Brown says he knows the suspect and says that person turned himself in Saturday. An administrator at the Lancaster County Jail says a 26-year-old male is being held there on a first-degree murder charge, but cannot say whether it’s in connection to this homicide.

This is a developing story. Stick with Channel 8 Eyewitness News for updates.