LPS looking to name its three new schools
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — The Lincoln Public School (LPS) District is looking forward to the opening of three new schools in 2022 and 2023.
Today, the Lincoln Board of Education is asking the community to help name them!
If you’re interested, submit suggested names to lps.org from Feb. 8 – 28.
The three new schools include:
- A high school near NW 48th and W Holdrege Streets, opening in the fall of 2022. This will be the seventh LPS high school and will house the new Medical Science Focus Program.
- A high school near 70th and Saltillo Road, opening in the fall of 2023. This will be the eighth LPS high school.
- An elementary school near E 102nd and S Holdredge Streets, opening in the fall of 2022. This will be the 40th elementary school in LPS.
All name submissions will be reviewed by three committees of community citizens- one for each school. The committees will then recommend a handful of names submitted and bring them to the Lincoln Board of Education for final approval later in the spring.
If you don’t have internet access, names can also be submitted through the mail.
Lincoln Public Schools
% April Douglas
5905 O Street
Lincoln, Ne 68510
Two webinars are scheduled to provide more information about the new schools.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16, noon-1 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 18, noon-1 p.m.
Click here to access via Zoom or tune in to LPS’s Facebook page to watch it live.