LPS making changes to grab-and-go meal service
The changes take effect Monday, March 30.
Lincoln Public Schools is making some changes to its grab-and-go meal distribution service.
The changes take effect Monday, March 30, and include:
- Four additional sites (12 total)
- More meals being prepared at each location (each child will still receive five breakfast meals and five lunch meals)
- Changing distribution day to Monday (time remains 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Drive-thru sites being set up at each location (vehicle lines will not be allowed to form more than five minutes prior to opening)
- Children must now be present to receive meals
Meals are available for all children 18 and younger, as well as people with disabilities ages 18-21 who participate in LPS programs.
Meals will be distributed weekly on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the following LPS locations:
- Belmont Elementary School: Vehicles enter near the swimming pool at 12th and Manatt streets and follow staff directions to Door 36 near Educare.
- Arnold Elementary School: Vehicles enter the driveway on the north side of the school on W. Cumming Street and follow directions to Door 10.
- Calvert Elementary School: Drive south on S. 46th Street, southbound vehicles pull into the bus cutout at Door 1 in front of school.
- Hartley Elementary School: Turn south on 34th Street off Vine Street then enter the alley south of the school off 34th Street and pick up food at Door 8.
- Huntington Elementary School: Northbound vehicles on 46th Street will drive into the bus lane at Door 1.
- Clinton Elementary School: Take Clinton Street east to Door 3.
- Saratoga Elementary School: Take Saratoga Street west into the bus lane.
- West Lincoln Elementary School: Drive west on W. Dawes Avenue and pull into the bus lane at Door 1.
- Culler Middle School: Just like school drop off, enter the driveway on Vine Street and follow the directions to Door 1.
- Park Middle School: Enter the driveway loop on F Street and pick up meals at Door 5.
- Northeast High School: Enter the staff parking lot at Baldwin Street on the south side of the school and follow directions around the west side of the building to Door 35 near the cafeteria.
- Lincoln High School: Enter the circle on 21st and J streets and follow staff directions.
Maps of each drive-thru will be available on the LPS website (lps.org, type the keyword “food”). Additional LPS staff will be available at each site to ensure that proper social distancing measures are taking place for the health and safety of thecommunity.