Malfunctioning scooter causes $60,000 in damage to Lincoln garage

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) – A malfunctioned scooter caused a blaze at a detached garage near 16th and Rose Streets on Thursday.

Lincoln Fire & Rescue Battalion Chief Jim Bopp said the garage was fully engulfed when crews arrived around 5:50 p.m.

Everyone had evacuated the house before crews arrived, so no one was injured.

The house did have some minor heat damage, but it is repairable, Bopp said.

Damage to the garage is estimated at around $60,000, according to Bopp.

But he was unsure how much damage was done to the garage’s contents.

Categories: Lancaster, News, Top Stories