Manhunt underway in Lincoln after police say 2 teens were shot

LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — Lincoln Police say they’re searching for a 19-year-old who shot two other teens Tuesday night.

This all started around 9:45 p.m., when police say an 18-year-old man ran up to a patrol car near 22nd and Dudley Streets and told the officer he was shot.

While they provided aid to the victim, a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound ran out from a nearby home, police said.

Both of the teens are from Lincoln and were taken to the hospital to be treated for their injuries.

The 18-year-old’s wounds are said to be life-threatening, while the 19-year-old is expected to recover.

The Lincoln Police Department’s SWAT Team was brought in to help search the home and area, but so far, the suspect has not been found.

Police say that he’s also from Lincoln and that both of the victims know him.

Anyone who saw what happened or has information is asked to call police at 402-441-6000 or Crime Stoppers at 402-475-3600.

Categories: Breaking News, Lancaster, News, Top Stories