Mild end to the work week 4/23/2021
Almost all of southeast Nebraska is currently sitting in the 40s right now, with wind chill values in the 30s and low 40s. Grab a light jacket before you head out and that’s all you will need for today! We will end off your work week with warmer conditions and partly cloudy skies for your Friday. High temperatures will warm closer to average in the mid–60s and winds will be fairly light out of the south. Temperatures continue to stay near normal overnight tonight as well, with lows in the upper 30s and light winds. This weekend will be perfect for planting as we will have sunny skies and warm temperatures in the 60s Saturday and mid–70s on Sunday. We continue to warm into early next week, and blustery wind gusts return. Our next best chance of rain returns Tuesday night into Wednesday.
- TODAY: The 60s are back with partly cloudy skies. HIGH: 65
- SATURDAY: A bit cooler thanks to northerly winds with highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 62
- SUNDAY: Southerly winds return, and they boost high temperatures to the mid-70s. HIGH: 75
- MONDAY: Even warmer with highs in the low 80s and windy conditions. HIGH: 85
- TUESDAY: More 80s with the chance for showers and thunderstorms late in the day. HIGH: 81
Meteorologist Brittany Foster