Mild Friday forecast 5/7/2021
We are off to a quiet start this Friday morning! Southeast Nebraska is currently sitting under partly cloudy skies with temperatures in the 40s. Wind speeds are pretty calm around the area, so wind chill isn’t a big issue this morning. You will still want your jacket for the first half of the day, but you definitely won’t need it later! Highs temperatures will warm back to average today in the low 70s with partly cloudy skies. There is a slight chance for a few spotty sprinkles today, but I think most of the area will stay dry. Spotty showers return overnight tonight with low temperatures on the warmer side in the upper 40s. Rain continues throughout the day Saturday, but picks up in intensity late in the day. Severe weather is expected to stay to the south of Nebraska, but we still could see a few warnings in our area. We dry out for the second half of your Mother’s Day with chilly highs in the low 60s.
- TODAY: Average high temperatures in the low 70s are back! Partly cloudy skies will likely build in and some of you may see a few sprinkles this afternoon. HIGH: 71
- SATURDAY: Temperatures quickly drop to the low 60s and spotty showers are likely. Strong to severe storms will bubble up late in the day. HIGH: 64
- MOTHER’S DAY: Leftover AM showers likely before we dry out for the rest of the day with highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 61
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 60s. HIGH: 63
- TUESDAY: Overcast skies with isolated showers. HIGH: 63
Meteorologist Brittany Foster