Mild Monday with a nice breeze 8/16/2021
We are off to a mild start to the new work week with temperatures in the 60s and mostly clear skies. A few isolated thunderstorms are sitting to the southwest of the Tri-Cities, but they will weaken as we head into the morning. Highs will return to the upper 80s today with mostly sunny skies. A few cumulus clouds are possible late this afternoon and evening, but overall sunshine is still likely today.
A nice southerly breeze will also be noticeable today with speeds close to 10 to 15 mph.
We will hold onto the upper 80s for highs the next few days and breezy southerly winds are expected to continue. These winds will increase the amount of moisture in the area, so humidity will also increase into Thursday. Our next best chance of rain arrives late in the day on Thursday into early Friday.
- TODAY: Another mild day with highs in the upper 80s and a nice southerly breeze. HIGH: 88
- TUESDAY: Highs fall short of the 90s again with the isolated chance for rain. HIGH: 89
- WEDNESDAY: Temperatures flirt with the 90s across southeast Nebraska and humidity increases. HIGH: 89
- THURSDAY: Still sticky with heat index values nearing the triple digits. HIGH: 86
- FRIDAY: A cold front gradually will pass through, dropping temperatures back into the low 80s for highs. HIGH: 83
Meteorologist Brittany Foster