Mild & slightly soggy weekend forecast 5/14/2021
Temperatures are on the mild side this Friday morning, with most of southeast Nebraska sitting in the 50s! Conditions are also pretty calm as a majority of the thunderstorms have pushes southward onto the Kansas side. A few showers could bubble up throughout the morning before noon, so bring your umbrella with you to be safe. The afternoon and evening look on the drier side today, but highs will be cooler in the upper 60s. Another round of showers and thunderstorms might bubble up late this evening and into overnight tonight. Most of them will form near the Kansas border and they likely will continue into early tomorrow morning. Highs remain in the 70s this weekend and into the rest of the week with more rain chances on the way.
- TODAY: AM rain showers, then pretty dry for the remainder of the day. Showers are possible far south near the KS border late this evening and overnight. HIGH: 68
- SATURDAY: Showers south of the area to start off the day. Partly cloudy with highs back in the low 70s. HIGH: 73
- SUNDAY: Overcast skies with scattered showers in the forecast. HIGH: 71
- MONDAY: Even warmer with highs in the mid-70s and scattered showers. HIGH: 75
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy skies with highs still in the mid-70s. HIGH: 76
Meteorologist Brittany Foster