Mild start to the week 1/4/2021
We are starting off this new work week with some patchy fog! If you travel eastward for your morning commute, you will likely run into heavier fog closest to the Iowa border. Temperatures this morning range from the teens to the low 30s with partly cloudy skies. But as we head into the afternoon hours, temperatures will quickly warm up to the low 40s thanks to mostly sunny skies. We will stay mild with above average temperatures through Tuesday, before a new winter weather systems arrives, dropping temperatures. Wednesday highs will dip back down to the upper 30s with the chance for light snow and a winter mix. This will continue throughout the day and into early Thursday morning before we dry out for the rest of the week.
- TODAY: The 40s return to southeast Nebraska with sunny skies. HIGH: 41
- TUESDAY: Another above average day with highs nearing the mid-40s and breezy conditions. HIGH: 43
- WEDNESDAY: Temperatures drop as our next winter system arrives. A snow and mix combination are likely throughout the day, with minor accumulations expected as of now. HIGH: 38
- THURSDAY: A few lingering snow flurries are possible early on, before we dry out and are left with highs in the mid-30s. HIGH: 34
- FRIDAY: Another cold day with highs in the mid-30s. HIGH: 36
Meteorologist Brittany Foster