Muggy with a bit of sunshine today 5/21/2021
Temperatures are sitting in the 60s this morning with mostly cloudy skies across southeast Nebraska. This will quickly change as clouds will begin to decrease as we head into the afternoon today. Sunshine will finally return to the area and it will boost temperatures up into the low to mid–80s! It will feel muggy throughout the day, but wind speeds will be gusty around 35 mph, and this could help cool you down a bit. We stay mild overnight in the 60s, but clouds build back in as we prepare to start off you weekend. The weekend looks pretty dry overall with only a slight chance for a few scattered showers. Highs remain in the 80s until Tuesday of next week when a cold front will cool us down and bring our next chances of rain and possibly thunderstorms.
- TODAY: Clearing skies with highs back in the 80s! Wind gusts will peak around 35 mph this afternoon. HIGH: 84
- SATURDAY: Scattered PM showers with highs in the mid-80s and muggy conditions. HIGH: 85
- SUNDAY: Scattered showers possible throughout the day with highs in the low 80s. HIGH: 82
- MONDAY: Mostly cloudy skies with another round of scattered rain. HIGH: 83
- TUESDAY: A bit cooler with highs back in the low 70s. HIGH: 79
Meteorologist Brittany Foster