Multiple Saturday street closures for fallen officer’s funeral
LINCOLN, Neb. (KLKN) — According to the Lincoln Transportation and Utilities Department (LTU), multiple street closures are scheduled from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12, for Investigator Mario Herrera’s funeral procession and funeral.
Residents will not be permitted to park in the red, green, and blue parking garages in the Haymarket. All attendees are asked to park in the Pinnacle Bank Arena Festival Lot by Haymarket Park and use the West Haymarket Pedestrian Bridge to reach Pinnacle Bank Arena, 400 Pinnacle Area Dr.
Closures to expect:
6:30 a.m. to noon
- Pinnacle Arena Drive will be closed
- Salt Creek Roadway from Stadium Drive to Eighth Street
- Eighth Street from Pinnacle Arena Drive to “S” Street
- Intersection of “P” Street and Pinnacle Arena Drive
- Intersection of “Q” Street and Pinnacle Arena Drive
- “R” Street from Seventh Street to Pinnacle Arena Drive
7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- “A” Street from 48th to 40th streets
- 46th Street from “A” to “B” streets
- 45th Street from “A” to “B” streets
- 44th Street from “A” to “B” streets
- Sunburst Lane from “A” to Washington streets
- Ridgeway Road from “A” Street to Sunburst Lane
9 a.m. to noon
- Centennial Mall from “P” to “O” streets and from “O” to “N” streets will be closed for Lincoln Fire and Rescue
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Southbound lane of 40th Street from “O” to “L” streets
- 45th Street from “O” to “L” streets
- 46th Street from “O” to “L” streets
ScooterLNK will not be in operation from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
According to LTU, Drivers should expect significant delays and are encouraged to seek alternate routes. Current information on street closures is available at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: closures).